Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Frog Eyes

This being my first post (WITH SOUND AND PICS!!!!) I thought I'd make it a mother! If this don't peel the paint off the walls, I don't know what will. Organist Terrell Prude comes through with the funky (so damn funky even my lady had to say so) "Frog-Eyes" on Ray Charles' own Tangerine label. Don't get it discombobulated, this is not your typical breakbeat-style funk track, this is down-and-dirty Hammond B3 funk, and the drummer's just drivin' it into the ground like my Aunt Kathy did with that '83 Chevy Citation. Tasty guitar break from God-knows-who, too! Break out the cheap wine, the dominoes and crank up your hi-fi, 'cause it's a party!

I'll be posting my first mix soon...... Click on the pic above to hear this track.

2 comments:

  1. That is some funky voodoo shit. Peeled the toenail paint right off my feet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since when do men paint their toenails? It never appealed to me to have paint on my appendages. Well, there was the one time I was drunk with a can of school bus yellow spraypaint, but I won't go into that here. I'm glad you dug it, T-Boogie. Welcome to the good ship VVA! HOBO STAB OUT!

    ReplyDelete